Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

What a wonderful first Christmas for Isla! That was just enough snow yesterday morning to make everything look white without any messiness on the roads. Christmas Eve we had lunch at my Grandmas. Isla did really well around people she doesn't see often and was in a good mood while we were there. Grandma, Grandpa, and Mimi went to church with us at 4:00, then I took her and Daddy home and I went back to work in the nursery for the 6:00 service. We didn't have many kiddos though so I came back home around 6:30. Daddy had already fed Isla and given her a bath so when I got home we read Christmas stories, had a bottle and went to bed.

Isla loved opening presents Christmas morning. Her favorite part was eating the wrapping paper. P and I each had to go in to her mouth, digging for paper a few times. She loved her new toy pots and pans and her little backpack looks so cute on her! I didn't realize her little riding push toy would have so many pieces so Santa didn't think to have it put together before Christmas morning. P put it together today and J was pushing her around on it. She LOVED it!! Isla was napping yesterday when her grandparents and our neighbors came over for brunch. After our neighbors left, she got to open more presents. Last night we went to Grandma's for ever MORE presents! She got quite a haul including a ball popping machine from Mimi, books from T and T, a big teddy bear from T and K, a bee pillow pet and doll from Grandma and Grandpa, a shape sorter and a Glo Worm from K and D, and a pillow with blanket and another little toy from K...whew! I'm sure I missed some stuff. Mommy got a Garnet ring (Isla's birthstone) and an opal ring. Daddy loved the calendar of Isla pictures with Winston!

It looks like we may be starting daycare earlier than planned. I need to call tomorrow and see if she can start in a few weeks. The last time I talked to them, they had an opening as of January 17th. Isla has a doctor's appointment that day and will get shots so I don't want her to start that week but if possible, we'll let her start January 24th. Mimi may have to have surgery and not be able to babysit for several weeks. I'm excited about her starting daycare--she's definitely ready to be around other kids to play and I think the schedule will be good for her. At the same time I'm nervous about the change and how she'll do. My mom still wants to babysit some so she'll either continue to come over a couple days a week or pick her up a couple afternoons a week. If we get to start the week of the 24th, mom will plan on watching her the previous week while she's getting over her shots. Mom will also try to start her on the same schedule daycare will have her on. Daycare should make things easier weather wise this winter, but I hope it doesn't mean a winter of sickness. We have been so lucky and blessed that Isla hasn't ever really been sick.

We have lots of new pictures. I'll try to post some in a day or two.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment