Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

One year ago tonight, like down to this minute, I was in the bathroom and called out to P that I think my water broke. A few minutes later, I was still gushing and called out that I was pretty sure it broke. An hour later I was checked into the hospital....15 hours later, Isla Beth came sliding into the world. What a year!

I'm taking off work tomorrow and Isla's staying home from daycare (we started daycare last week--more on that later). Grandma is taking us shoe shopping because.....DRUMROLL, PLEASE....She took her first steps on her own Friday evening! Then we'll go to lunch with Grandma and/or Grandma and Grandpa and go see Daddy at work. Maybe we'll pick up treats to take to his coworkers.

Saturday is the big party. Really I have no clue how many people are coming. I should sit down and make a tentative list soon so I have some clue how much pasta to make and how much salad to order. I'm baking cupcakes and J is going to frost them for me and my cousin the cookie-guru (see her blog on the blogroll) is making some decorative picks for the cupcakes. She's also making bee and bear cookies. So excited--can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment