Sunday, March 13, 2011

What a weekend....

I had to leave work sick Thursday and also had to stay home Friday. By Friday afternoon I was feeling better but Friday night, Isla got sick. Not sure if hers was the same bug, just affected her a little differently or if hers was something she ate. Thankfully after a few rounds of vomiting, she was back to sleep and was fine yesterday morning.

The past few days Isla has shown us that she knows the sign for "more" a few times. Tonight my mom and I were showing my dad what the sign is and Isla started doing it again. And I'm pretty sure she was signing "eat" one day last week as I changed her diaper first thing in the morning.

It's also obvious that her receptive language skills continue to grow. I asked her this morning if she wanted to call Grandma and she started reaching toward the phone saying "hi." Anytime "outside" was mentioned today, she reached for the door.

She's saying "dog" now also.

Tonight I went to the store and Daddy took her out of the bathroom three times before actually acquiescing the fourth time when she went in, stood at the tub, and leaned over it trying to get in. So she had her second bath for the day.

I don't think time change is going to be too hard on us. She was up at her usual time this morning even though her body SHOULD have thought it was 4:45. My body certainly did. She still went to bed around her usual time tonight so hopefully tomorrow morning will go as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment