Saturday, July 30, 2011

More aaaaaahhhhhhh.....

I hope you can sing the aaaaahhhhh properly to get the full affect. Really, I need to record Isla saying it and post that on here. If we get on to her for being too rough (especially towards Speckles), she pats toward whatever she was being too rough with and sings aaaaahhhhhhh.

We had our 18 month well baby check this week. Baby girl is finally up to 20 pounds. Hanging on to her growth curve. Our doctor asked if she's using 15 different words and I said she is. The next morning she erased any question about that. In the first 15 minutes she was awake, she told me she wanted "egg," then to add "cheese," and put it in "dat bowl." When I handed her dat bowl, she told me "hot" and started to blow on it. She asked for "milk," told me about "dog" while she was eating and her "shoes" on the kitchen table. Yes, the shoes were on the kitchen table. We actually had to put her shoes on over her footed pajamas. (The shoes are croc-like so very wide). She also told me when she wanted "down." She peppered a few "no's" and "mine's" into the conversation too. So many words in such a short time.

After her bath last night, Isla again wanted the shoes on over her footed pjs. Daddy didn't realize this when he put her to bed. At 5:45 this morning, I awoke to a couple babbles, then "Shoes. shoes. shoes." I looked in the monitor and she was laying on her side, one shoe on, trying to get the other shoe back on over her jammies. "Shoes. Shoes. Shoes."

No comments:

Post a Comment