Friday, January 13, 2012

It's been awhile....

It's been a busy few weeks.  Christmas, New Years, leaving our old full-time daycare, starting our new 2 day a week daycare, birthday #2 yesterday, planning birthday party #2 for tomorrow.....

I thought biting was going a lot better.  Until she chomped down on my thumb at dinner this evening.  In a restaurant.  When we put her in "time out" in the corner of the booth between us, she started screaming.  Nice.  So she didn't stay in there as long as she would have at home. 

Her first day at her new daycare was a rough one.  She did okay but she slept HORRIBLY the night before, coughing, tossing....so she was ready for naptime 2 hours before the rest of the class.  Today was day #2 and SO much better.  She didn't cry at dropoff--it's been wonderful that her little friend A is in her class and gets there at the same time we do.  When I went in to pick her up, she had on a welder's helmet with the little face shield down, holding a baby doll.  While I was waiting for her to put up a mask, a little alligator walked up to talk to me.  A little cutie that  decided she liked me the first day we visited the classroom. 

Overall, sleep is going better.  She was up until almost 8 last Friday and Saturday night and didn't get up until after 6 each morning!  Finally, a later bedtime means a later wake time!!  So we've been doing bedtime around 7:45.  Yesterday she didn't get up until 7:00!!!  This morning it was 6:30.  I'm praying for another 7:00 day tomorrow!!!  She's had a couple nights where she's fussed and we've had to go in and check on her, but for the most part, momma's been sleeping in her own bed. 

Seems like there should be so much more to write about, but I'm tired and my brain can't think.  Oh well, perhaps I can add some pics instead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment