Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Still recovering from the weekend....

Isla had 2 birthday parties to go to this past Saturday. She's big into birthdays right now and had a TON of fun (although she was disappointed that she'd just taken a bite of her cookie when we started singing to A and couldn't sing with her mouth full).
During the night though, the partying caught up to her and she got sick. I ended up in the recliner with her (after she puked on 2 sets of sheets) for awhile then laid down with her in our bed hoping she'd sleep late Sunday. It worked. Everything seemed fine Sunday so we took her to grandma as planned and P and I went to St. Louis to see the Lion King on stage--my anniversary present to him. On the way there we found out that she'd gotten sick on my mom on the way to church. Mom insisted we stay for the show and Isla ended up being fine the rest of the day. She did fine at daycare yesterday too, but for some reason she didn't rest well last night. Nor did I. We've both been tired and fussy today so we've lazed around the house.
We did leave briefly to mail our application for a home study (more on that in another post!). Before we got in the car, Isla started crying about something. I got her to calm down so she could talk to me and she was saying "my chore, my chore. Speckles needs a treat!" Her chore each morning is to give the pup a treat when we leave and in her disgruntled state, I'd done it myself. We went back in to get Speckles another treat. By the time we got back home, Isla was snoozing in her seat. Great. Early nap means short nap. In a little bit I'm going to have to get the Super Isla costume she slept in last night off her and get her dressed. I'm supposed to meet J at the gym. I plan on taking full advantage of the 2 hours of childcare I get for $2 at the gym today. I'll swim some laps, sit in the hot tub awhile, and take a long shower before collecting her from Miss Michelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment