Sunday, February 8, 2009

Not much to update...

There hasn't been a lot going on the past few weeks. After ten days covered in ice and snow, we can now see our driveway. When it melts around here, it does it beautifully--the temperature has been over 50 degrees the past few days and today is absolutely gorgeous. The pups and I took a nice long walk after church.

P and I are going to Chicago this week. Thursday is a holiday so P is taking off and we're both taking of Friday and going up to see Alyson and Joe for the weekend. I can't wait to get away for a couple of days.

I have my appointment with Dr. H tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous about what he might say, but P has agreed that we can try at least one more time regardless of what the doctor says about our chances. I feel like I have one more try in me and I'm not ready to give up yet.

I joined Weight Watchers again. Over the years, it's really been the only thing that's worked in helping me lose weight. And for whatever reason I can't just follow the plan on my own. My first weigh in was yesterday and I was down 5.6 poinds. P's counting points too and he's also lost about 5 points this week. I was especially proud of my loss because I had an emotional meltdown one day this week and really struggled with some anxious feelings that I typically feed. But I didn't--I even ended my week with points leftover!

Going to go read a mindless book--I'll update in a day or two with info on what happens with my doctor's appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment