Saturday, February 6, 2010

BF Update....

I guess what I've given up on is the practice of "triple feeding." I think the ritual of BF, bottle, pump is a large part of what broke me. I talked with the LC today and let her know I'm worn down and am going to meet with her Monday. Since then I've decided I'm not ready to totally give up on breast milk or even breast feeding. But I do have to break from the stress of triple feeding. I didn't even know that's what its called until I read the chapter on challenges breast feeding in my book this morning. There's a little blurb in the back about the practice and it describes it as "an enormous commitment of time and effort." Reading this made me feel like less of a wimp. I knew its a PITA but at least I now know that most people see it as a PITA! I feel relieved about this decision. And Isla and I had probably our best breast feeding session this morning. This evening I pumped and she inhaled the bounty. Maybe if I can feed/pump a set number of times a day I can have a schedule for me even before she's ready for a schedule. (I need a schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment