Thursday, September 30, 2010

Busy week....

We've had a lot going on the past week. The class I'm teaching is taking up more time than I expected but I really like it. Our church small group started back up--we're reading Radical. Our discussion Tuesday night was really good. Wednesday nights P and I are meeting with a personal training. I really think R was trying to kill us last night and now I hurt.

Isla been a real sweetie the past week--ok, I can say that now while she's in her crib asleep and not screaming at me. She's a pretty opinionated little girl and let's her opinions be known. Still, she's a sweetie. Mom and I are trying to teach her to blow kisses. I guess we only do this when we're leaving though cause Isla has started smacking her lips when she's waving bye-bye.

Our favorite song these days is Down in the River to Pray. The version from Oh Brother Where Art Thou calms her whenever she's upset and she likes mommy to sing it to her as well. Last night I was singing to her and I thought she'd gone to sleep so I reached over the check something on the laptop. She sat up in my arms, leaned around to look me in the face and gave me the sweetest grin. She's also been pretty giggly before falling asleep lately. She giggles when I stroke the side of her face and when I give her kisses as she's falling asleep. Tonight we played a kissing game--she'd lean over and give me a kiss and then I'd give her one, then she'd give me another. It lasted for several rounds until a dog barked on tv and took her attention from me.

We're scooting backward and doing the army crawl. A few days ago, she decided to crawl over my leg and decided to bite my leg as she did so. We have some babbling, but most of her verbalizations are squeals and screeches. She does some /b/ sounds and managed da the other day. Close to dad-da. She also says hi every once in awhile.

The trouble we were having with staying asleep is much better. We found out it we lay her down and she fusses, it will last a total of 10 seconds. One night, there was literally one big "WWAAA-AAAAHHH" followed by two "wwaahs." Then she was asleep.

The Halloween costume is almost ready. My mom has the jumpsuit done, I just need to add some bedazzling to it. M found us some little blue suede shoes to wear with the jumper. Can't wait to post pictures!!

Lots to do over the next few days. Tomorrow I work until 11, then I'll come home and get Isla. We're having lunch with J and M at Pasta House. Then we're going to go see K and probably get groceries. Saturday we're going to MOPS for the first time and Saturday night we're having friends over for us to try out some Thai recipes on them. No plans Sunday. Next weekend we're having a garage sale so I need to finish getting stuff together and priced.

No comments:

Post a Comment