Friday, November 12, 2010

Big Day!

P and I went out of town last night and spent our first night away from Isla. We just went to a little town an hour and a half away, went to a movie, did a little shopping, ate at my favorite Tex Mex place, and ate at a great sushi restaurant we'd never tried before. Our B&B room wasn't anything fancy, but did have a private hot tub--woo hoo!

Isla had a great time at Grandma and Grandpa's and they had a blast too. Isla kept crying whenever my dad would leave the room--I think he was pretty tickled about that. I'd told my mom about how Isla does with the Alison Krauss music but I don't think she really realized what I meant until last night.

When we got home, Isla had 3 new teeth! They're just barely poking through, I'm sure they won't stay out given that the last 2 played hide and seek for 3 months. Still, a big day for a little girl!

We went to look at day cares today. The Grandmas are on duty until springtime, but I think Isla's ready to spend time with other kids on a regular basis. It will be sad not to have her at home all the time, but I know she'll make friends and have fun. There were 2 places we really liked--we agree we'd feel comfortable with her at either place. One is within walking distance of my office and the other is, well, probably technically within walking distance also. The one is a 5 minute walk away and the other is probably 1 1/2 miles away. The thing that may make our decision for us is that one accepts part-timers once they are 2 years old and the other doesn't.

We took the 10 month picture with Winston today. I need to upload pictures this weekend. Gotta keep baby pictures close to the top for little J who likes looking at pictures on his mommy's phone. At 4:00 in the morning. I want to order some pictures from Snapfish or Kodak Gallery this weekend too.

More later-

No comments:

Post a Comment