Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sleeping, sauce, and other stuff.....

A few weeks ago, Sleeping Beauty tried to climb out of her crib. We converted her crib to a toddler bed and that seemed okay for about a week.  Then she decided that she didn't like the toddler bed.  Did. not. like. at. all.  She slept in the floor most of last week.  Well, when she did sleep.  She was up even earlier than usual, fought going to sleep, and was generally cranky.  Momma decided something had to change.  Friday I bought a full-size mattress, Minnie Mouse sheets and comforter, and rearranged her room.  Her Tot Clock was also delivered Friday.  So far, so good.  We heard a "thud" around 4 Saturday morning and I laid down with her when I put her back to bed.  She woke up a couple minutes before 6 and we talked about waiting for the clock to change.  She seems to be getting the hang of the Tot Clock--yesterday we had to lay in bed for quiet time for a long time after her nap because the clock hadn't turned yellow yet and when I asked her the color we were waiting for, she said "yellow, yellow please" like she was asking the clock to be yellow.  This morning it was after 6 when she woke up so the clock was already yellow.  Nap time went well today but she was up about 15 minutes before the clock changed AND Grandma and PopPop came in right when she got up.  I told her she had to go check the clock and she started crying but when PopPop went in her room with her to lay down for the remainder of rest time, she was fine.  After a few minutes I went in and overrode the clock and let her get up.  Hopefully her new sleep isn't just a fluke and things will continue on this course.

For some reason, Isla started calling her diaper rash cream "sauce."  When I'm changing her, she'll grab the butt paste and say "sauce."  I'll put some on her and ask her if it feels better.  I didn't ask her one day last week and she looked at me and asked me "feel better?"  She also calls lotion sauce and likes having sauce put on her hands--of course, a little on each hand.  She likes to put it on her knees, regardless of whether or not she's wearing clothes and to put it on her dolls. 

Another one of those things I always ask is if she's ready to go when I pick her up at daycare.  One day last week I hadn't asked and she looked at me "ready go?"  Such a sweetheart.  I can't believe how much her language has exploded in the last few weeks and how well she's putting sentences together.  She told P this morning "night-night.  Daddy, you can go back to sleep." 

There have been a few times my sweetheart has bitten me.  I haven't been too concerned because it has been limited to me and it has been times when we've been playing and close and she just seems to get too excited.  Until today.  When we picked her up at the Reign Forest after church, S told me she'd bitten a little boy.  Twice.  One time leaving marks.  Ugh.  I don't know the little boy--not sure if that's better or worse.  Not sure what to do--think I'll email our PAT person for advice.  Tonight she got excited while we were playing and bit my shoulder.  When I said "ouch" she realized what she'd done and laid her head on my shoulder and patted.  So empathy is developing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment