Saturday, December 24, 2011

What happened?

Where did December go?  I can't believe it is Christmas Eve already.  Isla's biting has gotten some better--no reports in the past week of her trying to chomp people.  She did hit a kid at school this week though.  In her defense though, after spending an hour at daycare for their Christmas party this week, I was ready to hit the kid too.  I think part of her problem is that she's getting frustrated and bored.  The kids in her class are all younger than she is by several months. Those months are really important in terms of what they can do at this age.  Luckily they're letting her spend more time in the other toddler room right now and there's a little boy in there a couple days older than she is, and until Friday, her friend A who is a couple days younger. 

A starts Isla's new daycare the week before she does so Isla will have a friend there already!  I'm excited about her starting.  There are a couple people at the old daycare that we'll miss, but one of our favorite teachers who left our current daycare a few months ago is now working at the new one so she'll know one of the teachers already too.  The day before we start we'll go by and let her play awhile.  Her friend A did that one day this week and her mom said all the kids just came up and started playing with her. 

Christmas plans suddenly seem up in the air.  Mom was sick this morning so TNT may be staying with us tomorrow night and having the family Christmas here.  Hopefully it was just something mom ate (although Pop was sick earlier this week so it's probably the flu).  Not that I mind having Christmas or TNT here, I just don't want Mom to miss things! 

Birthday plans are also underway.  I'll send out the invitations next week and look for more decorations, what to do about cupcakes, etc.  My cousin already has our cookie order for Elmo and Abby Cadabby cookies.

Overall, sleeping is going better than it was.  She'll still wake up early (4ish) some days, but will typically go back to sleep pretty easily if I lay down with her.  She knows she can't get out of bed until her clock turns yellow so we're staying in her room until 6. 

Words and language continue to amaze me.  Sentences are whole and 4-6 words long.  At the same time, she's having episodes where she just wants to fuss so we're working on "using our words."  Yesterday she was fusses about something, I told her to use her words and she started saying "please."  Great word, but please what???

Her attention span is amazing too.  Miss S came one day this week and brought a plastic tub of dried beans and she played with those the whole PAT session.  I bought more beans later in the day and she played another 40 minutes with them.

Last week we decorated cookies with our play date friends.  I have pictures I need to post from that.  I have other pictures I need to post to and I'm sure I'll have more after Christmas. 

After naptime today, I think we'll take a walk, have a bath, then get ready for the 4:00 service at church.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment