Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snot, snot

I'm not sure where all the fluid in my head came from, but it started last night. By bedtime, I couldn't lay down without everything clogging up. Well, not everything. Just my nose. That which I use to breathe. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well. I slept part of the night half sitting up in bed--I should have gone to a recliner instead. Not sure if its just a cold or what--tis the season and P had some congestion over the weekend so I could have caught something from him in my pregnancy-weakened immune state. My eyes were watering some last night which made me think it was allergies but no watering through the night or today. Whatever. I had the box of Benadryl in my hand last night but the big WHAT IF? came into my mind. Last time I got a bad case of the snots right at seven weeks too (increased estrogen and blood volume could be to blame--"pregnancy rhinitis"). Last time I took Benadryl and Robitussin. Last time there was an unhappy ending. I know it's SUPPOSED to be safe. I know it PROBABLY wasn't related to that at all. I KNOW those things. Still I put the box of Benadryl back in the cabinet. I can tough out the snots without drugs to mask the symptoms.

I had a small emotional meltdown this morning too. I asked P if he had time to go to the store for me before he went to work and he said no but he could stop on the way home. I was running out of tissues and wanted some of the soothing, slimy Puffs with lotion added so I told him I'd go myself this morning. When he found out what I wanted, he went to get them. In under two minutes, I went from being fine emotionally, to being upset that he didn't have time to take care of me, to feeling guilty that I'd asked him to do something for me. There are definitely some hormones in me somewhere.

Going to go eat some Jello now. Jello, pudding, and tomato soup from Panera (which I've been wanting for 3 days now--they didn't have any yesterday) are the only things that sound good.

No comments:

Post a Comment