Sunday, May 22, 2011

A couple little stories...

Isla loves her ice cream. The other day we were sitting outside and she was eating ice cream just as fast as I could shovel it in. All the sudden she let out an "AAAACK" and grabbed her head. Guess Baby Girl has had her first brain freeze. After a few moments she opened up for another bite.

I've been asking Isla where Momma's baby girl is. I'll cradle her in my arms and do a sing-songy "aaaaaaggggghhhhh" and say "there's momma's baby girl." She was sitting on my lap tonight and I cradled her dollie with the same "aaaagggghhhhh." She looked at me and laid back in my other arm and said "aaaaaghhhhh." A few minutes later she pretty much curled up in my arms and closed her eyes to go to sleep. She's been pretty clingy and attached to me today, but it was still sweet.

We've been adamant that we won't bring Isla into bed with us at night. She'll play on our bed with us in the mornings and she's napped on our bed a time or two during the day, but we don't want her actually sleeping with us. This morning at 4, the resolve wasn't so strong. She was mad that she was even awake, neither of us could calm her in her rocking chair, and putting her back in her bed didn't work either. P thought to give her some Tylenol and I had him bring her to me. I sat up on our bed holding her while she fought me, waiting for the Tylenol to kick in. As her teething pain eased up, she started to relax, I sang her song, and she went to sleep. In fear of waking the sleeping monster, I just laid her in our bed. P left for work around 6:15. She just turned over, stuck her butt in the air, and continued sleeping. Around 7:30, she stirred and opened her eyes, but closed them again as I rubbed her back. Finally a few minutes before 8, she opened both eyes, sat up, and gave me a kiss. What a way to begin a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment