Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May I go to bed now please, Mother?

Isla asked to go to bed tonight. Ok, so not quite as formally as the title suggests, but she asked nonetheless. She's been one tired little girl the past two days since she moved up to the big class at daycare. She sits at a table to eat, has one nap a day on a cot, and goes outside a lot more. They said she's been doing great with the new routine and her new friends. The only downside to this is that she's been too tired to eat supper the last two nights. But I digress.

Isla was tired and clingy this evening. Not terribly fussy, but still obviously tired. Bedtime is usually 7:00 so I didn't want her going to bed before 6:00 for fear of an early, early morning tomorrow. She was playing at 6:00 and I was sitting on the couch. About 6:15 she looked at me and said "nigh? nigh?" and pointed down the hallway.

"Night, night? Are you ready for bed?" And she took off down the hallway, to her room, to her crib, pulling on the bars. I picked her up and got a good night hug. I asked if she wanted to cuddle with momma in the rocking chair a little bit but when we sat down, she reached for her crib again so we said our prayers and I put her in her bed. Haven't heard a peak out of her since.

What a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment