Wednesday, October 5, 2011

M-I-C-K-E-Y....

I was getting something out of the car tonight and Isla started saying "Mi'Mouz."  I looked down and there was a little Mickey Mouse figureine.  When we went inside I asked her if she wanted to watch Mickey Mouse on tv.  "Mi'Mouz! Mi'Mouz!"  and she went to the television and started to turn it on.  She has a Minnie Mouse doll in her room that we play with and she's been calling her Minnie for awhile, but I think it's because we call her Minnie.  Today, Mickey Mouse was a definite recognition of the commercialized cartoon.  And so it begins.

Oh, and she also knows who Elmo is and will point him out in her books. 

Isla's really big on pens and paper (or pens and clothing, the table, whatever....) these days.  We write her name with her a lot and do a sing-songy "I-S-L-A.  Isla!"  Tonight when she started writing, I asked her how to spell Isla.  She answered "IIIIIIII."  My kid is so smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment