Sunday, October 16, 2011

Melmo meltdown

Isla's favorite toys are books.  Consistently, she'll play with her books more than anything else.  She'll bring them to us and say "read" and she's getting much better about letting us actually read stories to her.  She has many books in her room and an assortment stay in the living room, stacked on a couple of ottomans, in easy reach.  Some nights, that's all she'll play with.  One night last week, I was in the bathroom and heard a meltdown.  "MELMO!  MELMO!!!!"  Crying.  Distraught.  Much, much drama.  I came into the hallway and saw her standing at the ottomans, looking for her new favorite book that Y got her.... the one about Elmo's babysitter.  The one we left in my car the previous night.  I reassured her that it was okay, Melmo was in momma's car and we could go get him.  She continued crying until we retrieved Melmo and she knew, in fact, that he was safe.  The next day, I picked up another Melmo book from Target's Dollar Spot.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. That is so funny! My daughter loves "Melmo" (and calls him that, too) and books, too!

    ReplyDelete