Thursday, August 13, 2009

So judgemental...and I don't think its the hormones

So I really should stop reading the pregnancy journals on Baby Crowd. Really. I never realized how judgemental I am. Today I was reading the journal of a 22 year old who is 15 weeks pregnant with her first baby. Today's entry was complaining about how her baby daddy (for some reason, I'm assuming he's not her husband--another judgement!) drinks too much. Then she turned right around and starting writing about how hard it is for her to stop smoking--she's hasn't stopped yet! Of course, in her reflections on her pregnancy, her biggest fear is that she'll have complications during her pregnancy or the baby will be sick. Pretty damn good thing to be afraid of if she's still sucking on cancer sticks. Oh, and she also thinks people treat you differently if you're on "Medicade." Image that. You can't even spell it, taxpayers are paying for your prenatal care while you're buying Marlboros and you're baby daddy is drunk all the time, and you think your treating differently? Perhaps with some disdain? It was all I could do to not leave snarky, bitchy comments in her guestbook.

Then there's the girl who is only 6 weeks along, keeps talking about how much is going wrong with the pregnancy, how worried her baby daddy is, how she has to go to the doctor's everyweek…..AND HOW SHE AND LILY (the baby) WENT JET SKIING LAST WEEK! I'm sorry, I've never been jet skiing. I really don't know how exertional or dangerous it is. But? Seriously? I know they say at that point there's not really anything you can do to cause or prevent a miscarriage, but still. Jet skiiing?

And don't even get me started on the people who ask questions on Yahoo! "I got stuck with a fat black guy as an OBGYN because on one else would see me cause I’m 5 months along and on Medicaid. Is it legal for them to see me?" That girl got reamed for being a racist and for being on Medicaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment