Sunday, January 24, 2010

High tech baby....

As of Friday we're cordless. Guess its the first of many of those obvious signs that Isla is growing and changing.

Isla went to church today and slept through the entire service. P said she was kicking her legs in her sleep during some of the music....I loved feeling her move when the music started while I was pregnant. What a great message today too--about how we want to live in our "mountaintop moments" but have to realize that we have to live in the valleys also.

She hadn't gained much weight when we went in for her check-up last week. I've been concerned about her weight since then and generally uncertain about how much she's eating, how much we're supposed to supplement and how much to pump so I called the LC at the hospital last night. These ladies are WONDERFUL! C said my questions were really good and the best thing to do to start with was to find out how much she is getting with she BFs so today we went to the hospital and weighed her, fed her, then weighed her again. The LC checked her latch, watched her suck, and thought everything looked good with the feeding process, but Isla only took in about 1/2 ounce. They sent me home with a scale to check her intake a couple times a day, we're going to keep giving her formula until I can get a supply pumped, and hopefully with pumping and some herbal supplements we can get my supply increased so that we'll be able to eventually cut out the formula and just supplement with pumped mommy juice.

Oh, we also found out today that her birth weight was probably 7 pounds 2 ounces instead of 7 pounds 4 ounces like we thought. I know 2 ounces isn't much but when considering the amount of weight she's lost, it seems significant. When they weighed her, they said 4 ounces but the kgs they recorded converts to the lesser measurement.

Getting a bit anxious about being home this week. Not sure why--limited adult contact? Feeling like I'm having my mom babysit us too much? Just uncertainties and hormones? I don't know. Maybe we'll go to the mall and walk around some this week or go to a matinee or something. Maybe I can at least find the time to update with more pictures.

Someone is waking up...about time for one last feeding before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment