Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First prenatal visit....

August 25th is the magic date. My first prenatal visit went well. My blood pressure was a little high, but I was chatting with Betsy when the nurse checked it and I wasn't paying attention to whether or not she used a large cuff. My BP always reads high if a small cuff is used on my huge arms. The doctor checked my uterus and said that if I wasn't sure about dates, she would have thought I was 8 weeks instead of 6. She said something about the possibility of twins. A few months ago I would have been thrilled about the idea of having twins, but like I told my doctor, at this point I'd rather just stick with the basic, no frills package. We'll see next Thursday at the ultrasound.

We set up our WiiFit last night. My Mii avatar ballooned up when when it weighed me. Great. Very nice. Hopefully following the USDA food pyramid guidelines will allow me to lose a few pounds in the early weeks of pregnancy. I want to be as healthy as possible through this pregnancy so I'm focusing on good nutrition.

More later....Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment