Saturday, December 20, 2008

Two long days.....

This is the day the Lord has made....I will rejoice and be tired in it.

Yesterday I worked, took the puppies for a long walk in the wonderful 50 degree December afternoon, picked up food packages from Angel Food Ministries for a family we adopted at work, sorted that food and got needed items in the freezer, took a bath, and got ready for P's office Christmas party. I think I drifted off during a video presentation at the party--all the sudden I was aware of everybody laughing and I wasn't sure at what. I was also cold during the entire party--not sure why on that one. The party was fun, but keeping me out to 10:00 is past my bedtime these days. I came home and went straight to bed.

Bumper got restless during the night. I ended up getting up at 3:30 and making the salad I needed to make for the family Christmas event in Jonesboro today. Good thing--I didn't wake back up until around 6:45 and my parents were supposed to pick us up around 7:00. My dad was sick and mom was running late so we had plenty of time to get ready and get everything we needed to take together.

The family Christmas was fun. Terry, Christina, and I were the only grandkids there. Jonathan and Christina's girls (and Sprout!) were the only great-grandkids there. Grandpa is always so hard to buy for, but when were were at his house in July, P noticed that Grandpa's flag was looking pretty worn so we got him a replacement. He really seemed to like it.

I had major warm and fuzzies today--I asked the family to forego our traditional generic gift exchange and instead adopt a family. Everyone really game through--we adopted a single mom and her 2 little girls. Everyone gets new pajamas for Christmas. The girls each get a stuffed animal, a princess chair, and a hat box FULL of goodies that Isabella and Alexandra picked out for them. The mom gets a sweatsuit, a jacket, scarf, gloves, a small digital camera, and a bag of goodies that were things from my gift closet--some bath wash, a notebook, some pens, some bath sponges. There are also gift cards and money for a thrift store credit. I'll drop the items off Monday so they can be delivered to the family in time.

I was hoping to do nothing tomorrow. Unfortunately, "nothing" doesn't mean nothing. Church, laundry, walking the dogs, the gym, and making a grocery list for Christmas are my nothing. But compared to the past two days, that sounds wonderfully relaxing.

No new symptoms. I'm tired, but I actually did better than I expected today. I didn't sleep in the car at all, although I only drove halfway home cause I was getting pretty tired. And I'm sure once I stop typing and stare at the television for 5 minutes, I'll be asleep. I expect and hope that morning sickness will be starting up in another week or so--yes, I hope for morning sickness!

Night, night...

No comments:

Post a Comment