Wednesday, July 15, 2009

12 weeks....maternity clothes

Last summer when I was around 7 weeks along, P and I were in St. Louis and I did a little shopping for maternity clothes. I didn't get far enough along to wear them. This time, I've almost been superstitious about it....almost a fear that wearing maternity clothes will be bad luck. I started wearing bella bands on some of my pants a week or so ago and nothing bad happened. This morning I tried on one of the maternity shirts I bought last summer. Um. Ok. I don't really need that much tummy room, but if I'm going to wear this thing before my boobs explode out of the top, I'd better do so NOW. So with P encouraging me that I look "cute," I left the house in my first article of actual maternity clothing this morning. Meanwhile, my pants are some of the roomier ones I had pre-pregnancy and are fine without even a band. Ironically, I have a shirt at home that is not maternity that I keep trying on and refuse to wear because I think it looks too much like a maternity top.

I eavesdropped on Rico last night...thub-thubbing away in the 150s. Love that sound.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...enjoy those maternity clothes...they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete