Monday, October 12, 2009

Great weekend!

P and I went on a mini-babymoon in Branson this weekend. With his recertification exam coming up and the holidays, we weren't sure we'd have another chance to get away for a weekend before Isla comes. We stayed in a quiet little B&B that was actually individual cottages with private decks and hot tub. We got to town in time to do a little shopping and walking along the Landing. We turned the temp down on the hot-tub so it wasn't too hot for Isla and sat outside for awhile, then watched a DVD in our room. Actually P watched the DVD and I fell asleep. Saturday morning we went to breakfast at a diner where the wait staff sings while they serve. That was pretty impressive! Our waitress had a beautiful voice and singing didn't interrupt her pouring coffee and clearing plates. Then we met K, B, and the Hs at Silver Dollar City. P and B took the boys on a bunch of rides while K and I walked around talking. It was a gorgeous day and we all had a lot of fun. After we left the park, we all went to eat at a seafood buffet that had crab legs and lobster. Yum!! They went back to Bentonville Saturday night and P and I went back to our cottage. The hot-tub was turned up so I sat on the side dangling my legs while P was immersed. Then movie/sleep time again. Sunday morning was a lazy morning, then the drive home. My parents were here when we got back--a friend had given us a rocker for Isla's room and they picked it up for me. What a weekend!

Today was a holiday so I did a little shopping--I bought some gingham for curtains and some fleece to make a couple blankets--I'll work on those this weekend. I also went grocery shopping, did laundry, made lasagna, and took the dogs for a walk. Little rest today!

I've been having issues with my tummy getting sore when I walk very much so we bought a support belt when we got to Branson--I'd ordered one last weekend but it didn't in before we left. With the belt, I didn't have any trouble walking around all day Saturday. I didn't have it on good for our walk today but it wasn't long enough to bother me anyway. I have an appointment to start personal training in the water this week--hopefully that'll get me exercising more again. I haven't been on a scale for two weeks since my last doctor's appointment. I feel like I'm doing better with food, but I'm scared to see the scale!

More later--

No comments:

Post a Comment