Sunday, October 18, 2009

Stealing from friends...

I spent the weekend stealing ideas. M was talking about making picture frames Friday. I wasn't ambitious enough to try to make the ones that she wants to make, but I did make these...

The one on the right is for one of P's coworkers who's due around the same time we are. She made Isla a sweet little bracelet the other day.

Also on Friday, L asked me if I knew how to make pillow case dresses. I started googling and decided they looked pretty doable. Here's my first attempt....I based the width off a newborn dress I have but made it wider and much longer. Without a model to measure, it was hard to guestimate a size. Still, I think it turned out cute...

I also made a Raggedy Ann and Andy throw to go over Isla's infant carrier this winter. I'm also going to add velcro to it so we can use it as a wrap for her instead of a coat/snow suit.

I also made curtains for Isla's room yesterday....

And I added her name to the toy chest that A's dad made for us....

So why does it feel like I didn't do anything this weekend? I did straighten up the nursery today and try to organize some of her things. The toy chest is full of clothes, blankets, burp clothes, etc. Hopefully P will get her dresser/changing table put together the weekend of the shower so we'll have that storage space to further organize her things. An aunt who can't attend the shower gave us a very generous check this weekend--we'll use it to get her swing and some bottles or a case of wipes. I stopped at a couple of garage sales yesterday (procrastinating going to the gym) and found an exersaucer in great shape and a V-Tech walker toy (P is obsessed with V-Tech products).

Isla was really active this week--I can tell she's getting bigger and stronger. But she never seems to move as much on the weekends--I'm sure it's because I don't sit still as much to notice the movements. This morning in church though, she started moving around as soon as Chris started singing. The sermon was on God's Glory being all around us and she kept moving through the whole service--God's Glory indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment