Sunday, November 8, 2009

Great weekend!

It's only Sunday morning, but it's been a great weekend. Friday night we went to a surprise party for a friend's 30th. We didn't stay long because after sitting at work all day, my back gets pretty picky about my positioning the rest of the evening. Plus P had to take his big test Friday morning and was pretty drained from that. We came home and I was stretched out in the recliner when I saw my shirt move. P missed it but yesterday morning we were laying in bed and he saw movement as he was talking to Isla. Yesterday I took the dogs for a walk, did a few errands, went for a pedicure (I even splurged on the deluxe--LOVED the sugar rub on my legs and warm towels on my feet), the weather was gorgeous, and went to Isla's baby shower. There was a great turn out for the shower and A's idea to ask people to start Isla's library was a big hit. She got so many books and lots of other great stuff--even an Easy Bake Oven! K, A, and my aunt put a lot of work into the shower and I really appreciate everything they did. I'll post pictures later. After the shower, P and I helped K put her house back together then she and T came over for pizza and visited a bit. P, A, and I organized the presents some and looked through all the books. I can't wait to read them all to Isla! I guess moving the guest room downstairs was a good thing--P and I have been awake for a couple of hours, the dogs have run through the house several times, but A's still sleeping. She got up at 4 yesterday morning to drive down so I know she's exhausted!

Isla and I are so lucky to have so many people that love us!

No comments:

Post a Comment