Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pregnancy brain...

P says he wants his smart wife back. I've warned him that A says that the brain cells don’t always come back. I've lost a number of things during this pregnancy…some I expect to turn back up, some are probably gone for good. Then there are the other pregnancy brain issues other than the losing things. Forgetting things seems particulary troublesome.

Saturday night I reached into my purse while we were in Best Buy. What is slimy in my purse??? I pull out a store receipt that is moist. And smells like bananas? The I remember the ripe banana I'd sat on the top of my purse a few days before as I walked out the door to work. And I realize I had not consumed said banana. Nor had I removed said banana from my purse. I look but don’t see anything (ok, looking for a ripe--now BLACK--banana in the bottom of a small, BLACK purse. At night. Not gonna see a lot). Then I notice some banana flesh oozing out of the split skin. Nice. I suddenly worry that I'm going to forget to remove the offending banana once we get home. Our next stop was Blockbuster so I tossed the fruit outside and hoped that there weren't too many banana guts which has oozed out. When I got home, I emptied everything and tossed the purse in the laundry.

Ugh. I want my brain cells back.

No comments:

Post a Comment