Sunday, November 29, 2009

Questions and tears....

Lately my head has been full of questions. Some the typical questions about pregnancy, some more about child rearing.

When do we have to stop watching Family Guy if Isla is in the room?
Do I have to stop listening to Kid Rock in the car once she's born?
What do we do with this kid?

I'm trying to dismiss these questions as we'll deal with them when the time comes.

Meanwhile, moodiness has kicked in. Big. Time. Thanksgiving was overwhelming--not sleeping well, lots of little things annoying me, then the dogs misbehaving....I just wanted to cry. Friday went somewhat better but I didn't do much. Yesterday we went to see my grandparents. I did much better with the 2 1/2 hour drive down there and back than I expected but my hips were really sore last night from sitting all day. This morning I just had to cry. Poor P, he just laid down next to me and listened, rubbing my back, assuring me that everything is normal and will be fine. He has a coworker due at the same time we are that's having the same issues--moving slowly, feeling tired, etc. We went to church after a good cry--Isla always seems to move a lot during church--did a few errands, walked the dogs, I took a nap, and went to the pool. I feel much better now.

On the positive side of things, I've done some random glucose checks because P was worried about that with the size of the baby, my "just barely" passing my screening, and my high levels of amniotic fluid. All have been good, including a 93 after eating lunch on Thanksgiving. I've been checking my blood pressure more too and that's been good.

After tomorrow it becomes "next month." Next month. Maybe we should focus on that still being "next year."

What are we doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment