Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feed Me NOW!

Wow--what a difference a week (and a dozen doses of Zantac) makes! Isla started eating a little better Wednesday, then even better Thursday and Friday. Saturday she took 24 ounces of formula and about 25 Sunday (compared to around 12 on Tuesday)! Woo hoo! My mom warned me to expect the little diva to become more insistent about eating as she started eating more. Um, yeah. The next meal after she told me that, Isla decided she wanted to eat and she wanted to eat NOW! And instead of crying an ounce and half into a bottle because she doesn’t want anymore, she's screaming at us to give the bottle back when we take it away to burp her. When I weighed her Saturday morning, she'd gained about 6 ounces since Monday. My mom kept telling me to trust my instincts--I KNEW something wasn't right with this baby's eating but I didn't know how to fix it. I'm so thankful that it seems to finally be fixed and pray that she continues to chow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment