Friday, April 23, 2010

So amazing....

Each day is something new for Isla. She noticed Speckles a week or so ago and now likes to watch her move around the room and tries to talk to her. She was laying in the floor playing on her activity mat and I was standing next to her so Speckles came over. Isla looked at her and there was suddenly this expression on her face like "WOW--We have a DOG!"

We've been practicing sitting up and now she doesn't want to lie back in mommy's arms anymore, she wants to be up looking around! I brought her Exersaucer up from the storage room this morning. When I first tried to put her in it, it collapsed (yes, with her in it!) because I didn't have the legs locked. It crashed and scared her. I did better than I thought I would--it was obvious she was just scared, not hurt--but I still felt guilty about not being more careful. Mimi put her back in there while I was at work and let her stay in there for a few minutes several times today. She just leans back and looks at all the little toys on it. I took some pictures this evening--I'll try to post those (and her 3 month Winston pictures) this weekend.

Last weekend we laid on the big bed and practiced rolling over. When she was on her back, she'd take my finger and I'd pull her to roll her onto her tummy. She doesn't much care for her tummy so she'd flip herself back onto her back. Last week she did some push-ups while on her tummy but I haven't seen her repeat that.

There's a nursery rhyme book that she really likes--especially some of the animal pictures. She also likes the sing-songy cadence to the rhymes.

One day this week my mom called me at work to ask how much Sesame Street Isla is allowed to watch. She was watching television and mom didn't think she needed to watch what she was watching so she put on Sesame Street. Apparently Isla would start to get bored and fuss a bit, then Elmo would come on and she'd be all better. That afternoon she didn't care much for Clifford the Big Red Dog but she did watch Criminal Minds with Mimi while P and I had small group that night. A couple days later she was watching Fox News with my dad. That is NOT allowed! I agree with my brother that this is a form of child abuse. I didn't expect we'd have to address television issues so young nor did I expect that we'd have to lecture Grandpa on what is appropriate viewing for the child. I think its time to invest in some Baby Einstein videos. We have the one on sign language already--maybe we'll watch that this weekend.

Yesterday I could hear Isla "AAARRR, AGGG, ARRR, AAARRRR, AAGGGGG!" on the phone while I was talking to my mom. Apparently that's Isla for "FEED ME NOW!" Mom was having to wait to feed her because she'd just given her her medicine. I had the same problem this morning only Isla advanced from the "AAARRRR, AGGGG, ARRR, AAAARRR, AAAAGGG!" to a full cry before I could feed her. Then she'd try to take a drink and have one of those after-cry-quick-breath-almost-hyperventilating-gasps. It took another 5 minutes to calm her down enough to eat.

I am just so amazed by this little girl and can't wait for each new day to watch her grow and learn. I'll try to post some updated pictures this weekend. We don't have much planned for the weekend because P has to work all weekend and its supposed to rain all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment