Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cough, cough...

P's cough has pretty much disappeared. Mine is a lot better. Isla's was getting worse yesterday so we thought we'd better get it checked out. We went to the hospital with the intent of going through Express Care to get an RSV test. They ended up triaging us through to the regular ER. RSV was negative. Chest xray was questionable--there might have been some early infiltrates or it might have been normal (do you know how they get a chest xray on a baby?? I made P take a picture with his phone--I'll post it when I get a chance). Everything else looked good. Since she'd started coughing and had been exposed to mommy and daddy with bad coughs, they gave us the option of an antibiotic. The doctor also told us we could give her nebulizer treatments if she seemed congested. She seems better today so hopefully being proactive will keep her from getting sick. I'm supposed to follow-up with her regular doctor tomorrow but I think I'm going to call and tell them everything seems fine now and that I'll call if she has more symptoms. We're due in there a week from Tuesday for 2 month shots anyway. If she remains like she is now, I'm comfortable waiting until then to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment