Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tidbits...

I know some women worry about the personal landscaping before giving birth (Hi M!) but I wasn't concerned about that issue. I did however have a pedicure a few days before Isla was born and many people commented on the toes while I was in the hospital. Kinda made me wonder if other grooming niceties would have been commented on if they'd been addressed. Doubt it. Anyway I thought of this tonight when I removed the last of the polish from my pre-Isla pedi.
Here's the picture of Isla in the contraption to have her chest xray. It reminded me of the canisters they use at the bank. I expected her to be shot up a vacuum tunnel to the other side of a window.

It wasn't as bad as it looked. Isla cried but no more than anytime her clothes are changed. She coughed less today. It was such a gorgeous day and she seemed so much better that we took the stroller out for a bit this afteroon.
We're back to being a single canine household. Bumper needs a home where there's not an infant. He's too high energy to be around a baby. P was afraid he'd plow into Isla sometime when not paying attention or we'd trip over him. I was worried about the way he and Speckles end up fighting when she's done playing and he wasn't. I didn't want Isla getting in the way of that. We were able to take him back to the no-kill rescue we got him from and they'll find another home for him. The shelter has good adoption stats and he was only there a month when we got him so hopefully he'll find a new home with a high energy dog or school aged children soon. It was a hard decision to make and I couldn't go with P to take him back but I know its the right thing for our family.
We're starting to plan our vacation. Before I go back to work we're going to Orange Beach, AL for a week with friends. P has a thing in Chicago before that so we're going to Chicago on a Thursday evening, driving from Chicago towards Orange Beach on Sunday. We'll stop partway and finish the drive Monday morning. We'll come home the following Friday/Saturday. That Sunday is Easter and Isla has a gorgeous little Easter dress that I found for $8 at a consignment shop. The following Tuesday I go back to work. Not sure how I feel about that one.
I'm about to fall asleep so I should go to bed. But I know someone will need a bottle shortly so I'm just going to sing off and try to read. I just started Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert (who also wrote Eat, Pray, Love). Hopefully I'll have time to edit this tomorrow. Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment