Tuesday, March 16, 2010

We have a plan...

Isla had her 2 month check-up and shots today. Dr. S thinks everything looks good, but does feel we need to be proactive about getting more weight on her. We talked about the feeding issues our wonderful SLP friend M observed when she watched her eat Sunday and Dr. S watched her eat some too and felt inside her mouth--apparently Isla had a high palate. She's sending us for a formal SLP eval and said a different nipple type might help make eating easier. We're also trying higher calorie formula. There are only 2 more calories an ounce, but that's an extra 10% and over the course of the day would be the equivalent of an extra feeding. Hopefully with these actions, we'll see some improvement when we follow-up after vacation. We also talked about the mommy anxiety issues and whether mommy needs a magic little pill to take the edge off. Since I feel like we're doing something now, I'm going to hold off on that. I did have blood drawn today to check TSH levels. When my thyroid gets out of whack, I sometimes have more anxiety issues anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if they call tomorrow and tell me to decrease my Synthroid dose.

No comments:

Post a Comment